houltmac

The ultimate Mac collection

Wow impressive, but also kinda strange.

I couldn't work out if this was the guys house or some sort of business reception area. What's with the rows of iMac's on white tables?

Shame about the big ugly black CRT TV, but I guess he's spent all his money buying Apple products...so that's OK.

Edited by Ginamos

That's exactly what I said ;)

It's his basement aparently; a kind of Mac shrine. I aspire. Hehehe.

i thought it was strange that the picture with the boxes of the OS s he didn't have OS 9 and

one version of OS X.

but i shouldn't question the owner of the "Mac Shrine"

Edited by Macman5123

what a prick. no wonder I can't find any old macs to buy ;-)

He should give me some.

it is kind of strange, i would rather see a wall of 30" cinema displays, and what was with the LCD moniters on the living room wall? at least get white ones... but cool concept

how much do you think he spent on the computers alone? $25,000? i just dont know about the whole thing, its really really weird. but maybe steve jobs will see it and help him out with some of the stuff that he doesnt have yet... but i doubt it

I doubt he bought much of that new. I bet in a lot of cases, like the ones he built the bar out of, he didn't so much buy them as salvage them from being thrown out. Even the iMacs can be had for what, $50-$100 if they're on the low end? I don't see much in the way of recent hardware there except what's being used on his desk. Probably a cheaper proposition than you'd think, but finding all that stuff must be time consuming...

i guess if he isnt really using them and it is just for looks then he doesnt have to have them updated and top of the line... makes sense but still strange

Thursday at 2AM. I'll be in the bush out back ;)

You see the picture of his main desk with an iMac G5? I am not dissing iMac G5s, but you would of thought if he was that rich he would be using a mac pro with like four 30" cinema displays as his main system!

You see the picture of his main desk with an iMac G5? I am not dissing iMac G5s, but you would of thought if he was that rich he would be using a mac pro with like four 30" cinema displays as his main system!

you think that pic is recent? when we commented the mac pro wasnt even out yet

this collection and the way they have been displayed is amazing - i love it!

BUT my wife would kill me - she already finds it difficult to understand why i need 3 macs at home :D

Wow. He must of had a relative die or something and splurge the money on out of date macs. Or maybe he's just a photoshop nerd.....no, couldn't be. They look to real. Either way, I don't think macs are really collectible. I mean, computers can only LOOSE value, verdad? (am i right in spanish) Well, I hope he's networked them because remembering which computer you typed your history report on would sure be a hastle. Oh well, hehe.

-Patrick

Edited by omgitsaliv55

1 word.. Lucky.

Its like a Mac Museam! Amazing.. but i must admit i am a tad jelous!

Im guessing your a bit of a collecter ey!

Nice :D