Sign in to follow this  
PodWorld

Skype, CPU -1.0%?

I am running a g4 tower with 400 MHz 896 mb ram and i am having problems i get along fine calling a phone but i can not get a good and clear connection calling a computer and this will prove to be a problem with my show that i have started PodWorld.

I am working on geting a 1.4 GHz but wont be for awhile and a mac pro in the spring or one after a pro cpmes with the 10.5 already installed

How fast is your internet connection? If there is a large amount of data going through your network, the congestion can cause problems. If you have very little bandwith or a slow connection (or maybe theres a few people on your connection) then you can have problems.

I am also wondering what version of OS X you have.

When you call to a computer, thhe voip is submitted as a digital file, which is easier to screw up beccause there are more precise packets, while analog is not as detailistic and it will get through better.

Edited by applgeek

How fast is your internet connection? If there is a large amount of data going through your network, the congestion can cause problems. If you have very little bandwith or a slow connection (or maybe theres a few people on your connection) then you can have problems.

I am also wondering what version of OS X you have.

When you call to a computer, thhe voip is submitted as a digital file, which is easier to screw up beccause there are more precise packets, while analog is not as detailistic and it will get through better.

DSL Link: Connected

Internet: Connected

Connection Speed:

• Incoming: 3008 kbps

• Outgoing: 512 kbps

I Have always made it a pet-p so yes i have 10.4.7 that i alwat keep up to date on my computer. I am th only one on my network i have a sbc 2wire 1701HG router that i use with wireless capibilities. Is there a way to have it stop transmitting wireless and boost my connection? With the new version of skype that still beta i still had this problem witht he old skype. Could emptying old programs from my HD help i ahve a 200GB with about 88-86 gb lefy i dont remember and dont want to look right now. So what can i do?

Call info:

Duration: 00:11:24

Timestamp: 23.08.2006 19:25

Type: 2

Call debug info:

ObjID: 180

Codec: iLBC

Jitter: 162

Packet loss: 0.0% (0)

Send packet loss: 0.0%/00.0

Recv packet loss: 0.0%/0.0%

Roundtrip: 60ms