MacguyKen

Illegal Download of Mac 10.5 Leopard by Apple Store Employees.

MacguyKen    0

Hi Adam.

First of all, I'd like to say I enjoy your show. I download it every week to my Powerbook and make sure my iPod is synced to have the latest Maccast episode on it.

I'm with you on these people being rightfully fired by the Apple store for downloading OSX 10.5 Leopard. In my opinion, they are lucky they aren't being prosecuted for retail theft or copyright infringement. Who's to say they weren't going to try to get OSX 10.5 hacked to sell look alike software? How different is this from taking something from a store without paying for it? I think trying to run un-released software is very risky to do. There are probably issues to be resolved with Leopard before Apple is ready to put it on the market, so trying to run this on a computer could cause problems that only an Apple programmer would be able to deal with.

Ken

mth    0

Like the old saying goes "The truth will set you free", they told truth and Apple set them free.

gekko    0

I remember seeing a response from one of the employees, who essentially pointed out that they were up front about their actions, didn't try to hide it, and told the truth. He suggested that Apple was wrong for not rewarding their honesty.

I heard that and almost choked. Sure, it's great that you didn't try to hide your actions. But your actions were still wrong. Yu screwed up and were caught and punished. Deal with it.

gekko

Morn    0

They were rather dumb. :D

This is beta software that wasn't on sale to normal people anyway so I don't think apple lost a sale or anything, but it's quite silly of employees to think that that was a good idea.

I applied for a job at my local applestore and I didn't even get a reply from Apple.

It may have been my CV. I was honest about being a bank robber in my spare time and for some reason they didn't understand. What's the matter with these people. I was Honest!. on that occasion.

roogie    1

This is a just punishment for those employees, they are stealing intellectual property.

Any good lawyer (is that possible?) will tell you, never admit to anything, make them prove it.

roog

joenspa    26
This is a just punishment for those employees, they are stealing intellectual property.

Any good lawyer (is that possible?) will tell you, never admit to anything, make them prove it.

Wrong is wrong in my book. Remember you are not "innocent till proven guilty" you are "PRESUMED innocent till proven guilty".

I don't know all the details of this but maybe since they were honest they didn't get prosecuted. But they deserved to be fired. And should consider themselves lucky for not being prosecuted if that was the case.