Sign in to follow this  
kevdo

iTunes Lyrics/Artwork - 8/24/06 show

I wasn't sure where to post this but did anyone get the iTunes artwork/lyrics trick to work?

I installed Needle Drop and attempted to use it (5 seconds/0 seconds) but it didn't work.

Sing That Tune would find lyrics but wasn't finding artwork (for a recent Foo Fighters album) nor transferring to iTunes.

I have an Intel iMac running 10.4.7 and iTunes 6.0.5. HELP???

I wasn't sure where to post this but did anyone get the iTunes artwork/lyrics trick to work?

I installed Needle Drop and attempted to use it (5 seconds/0 seconds) but it didn't work.

Sing That Tune would find lyrics but wasn't finding artwork (for a recent Foo Fighters album) nor transferring to iTunes.

i had the same problem go in to the widgets preferences and click on the import into itunes tab i hope this helps.

i had the same problem go in to the widgets preferences and click on the import into itunes tab i hope this helps.

Yeah, I did click that (thought it's a good suggestion).

Yes I ran it but it would only work when I started it going in iTunes and then bringing up the dashboard widget and let it run at the same time. With some songs it loaded the lyrics and artwork, some just artwork and several nothing. "not found"

I have had the same problem, however, it often finds the album art but never updates itunes. Sometimes it does if I click the button on the 'back' of the widget but I don't want to do them all manually.

I have tried this with a few other widgets an none seem to do this automatically.

What happens if you already have most of the cd art? Does it place another copy, or skip that one, or something else? Just wondering.

i use a lyric widget called pearLyrics. i think it works better than sing that itune as far as lyrics go, and yea i used needle drop and that works fine. and for album art, i use an app called clutter. it looks up the currently playing track's album cover (you can choose which pic you want to use. it looks up from amazon and google i think) and then i just press shift+cmd+k and it adds that pic to all the songs on that album in your library, so you dont have to do it for every song which is nice, it actually doesnt take that long to find all your album covers manually.

Hi,

I attempted this solution for Lyrics and artwork and I found it a little hit and miss for both Lyrics and artwork, although I do have some unusual tracks. It maybe my ADSL connection but Sing that itune did lockup on a track and would not keep up as the song changed. Something to note after installing itunes7 last night i found many of the artworks I had recovered with STiT had been lost :-(. I am not sure if this is supposed to happen or if this can be prevented from happening but it is worth bearing in mind. However I have recovered a huge amount of artwork thru "Get Album Artwork" function in iTunes, it took around 30 mins for 3,500 songs but it has worked well.

I must say that I like the iTunes7 alot. It has seperated the library into music, podcasts etc. which is great for me as it looks clean and tidy. Also the views are nice with intergrated coverflow (thanks Adam as I had this before) and the sort by Album art. For me a big improvement by Apple.

Sign in to follow this