dave_valler

Running a second keyboard and mouse?

Hi, I was wondering if it possible to run 2 keyboards and mice to control the same computer?

I know it sounds a bit odd, but I work in a studio where I have dual monitors and they are located at other sides of the room, so I would like to get a wireless keyboard and mouse that I can keep next to one monitor and then use my existing keyboard and mouse in front of the other one. This is so I can have seperate programms running on each screen controlled by whatever keyboard I happen to be nearest.

Anyone know? :blink:

Thanks

Dave

Not sure it helps but have you thought of using Chicken of the VNC to control the other mac? This would allow you to run two different Macs but just one Keyboard and Mouse.

If this doesn't help, yes you can attach two mice to the same system, in the same way that you can have a tablet running and still use the mouse. This can cause no end of amusement if you plug a mouse into your mates computer and occasionly move it around when he's working.

Hi, I was wondering if it possible to run 2 keyboards and mice to control the same computer?

I know it sounds a bit odd, but I work in a studio where I have dual monitors and they are located at other sides of the room, so I would like to get a wireless keyboard and mouse that I can keep next to one monitor and then use my existing keyboard and mouse in front of the other one. This is so I can have seperate programms running on each screen controlled by whatever keyboard I happen to be nearest.

I work on studios too. I have done this alot. Only one place has a problem but they also have a 35ft extension on one and a 50 ft extension n the other. The trackball locks up on occasion. I run each setup off a different USB bus. This seems to make things easier. Not sure how Bluetooth will react but I wouldn't anticpate any problems.

Also you'll find you loose your cursor alot. You tend to look for it where it was the last time you were on that mouse. Use a light background to make it easier to find or look for an app called Mouse pose' or something like that. You hit a hot key and it highlights the mouse.

Have fun. It'll make you feel real cool to have mulitple keysboards and mice. Trust me.

Just plug 2 mice and 2 keyboards in. And use them.

Mac isn't like Windows that will die in a ball of fire and doom if you connect more than 1 keyboard, it's just an input device.

Great! thanks for your help guys.

I will order a wirelss keyboard and mouse and go for it! :D

Cheers