Sign in to follow this  
nesteafish

The gimp on macbook pro

Hi Macgeeks

I've realized that Adobe Photoshop CS2 is too expensive for me to buy for my home computer. I've also realized that pirating it is wrong. So i figured out that i would give The GIMP a try...

The thing is... I need X11 to run GIMP... I've downloaded the package from Apples Website here. But it doesen't seem to work. When I am going to select my volume (I have only 1 volume, my harddrive), it says: "Cannot install software. Newer software already exists on your computer."

This guy figured out, that you can just install it from your CD, that shipped with the computer. Thats great, but I can't find X11 on my installation CD 1.

Can anyone help me? :D

This may be a dumb question, but did you check Applications>Utilities and check to see if X11 is already there?

This may be a dumb question, but did you check Applications>Utilities and check to see if X11 is already there?

Yup... X11 is not there. The GIMP installer didn't find it neither...

Let me ask another way:

Where on the CD can I find X11?

If you just want to install X11, on your CD, run the Install Optional Software package (or additional software, I cant remember exactly as I dont have the CD with me.) And one of the options in the top part will be X11.

Thanks for helping me, everything works now :D - I didn't notice that you can actually scroll in the CD viewer... Yeah, I'm stupid, I know :P