Sign in to follow this  
iBasden

stock market help

Hey guys, my school has set up an online virtual stock market (everything is real except we are obviously not using realy money). I have a basic knowledge of the stock market but was wondering if someone could explain the finer details to me and give me some pointers and advice. You can reach me at iBasden on AIM.

THANKS!

Hey guys, my school has set up an online virtual stock market (everything is real except we are obviously not using realy money). I have a basic knowledge of the stock market but was wondering if someone could explain the finer details to me and give me some pointers and advice. You can reach me at iBasden on AIM.

THANKS!

Your in luck for three reasons! First off I did this simulation with my class two years ago (if it's the same thing). Secondly Wall St. is where my future lies. Third, I kicked everybodys butt in the simulation by $15,000.

Okay tips... It really depends how long the simulation goes on (we did it for two weeks). So don't spread yourself too thin. For instance let's say you invest in two companies you have no clue about; one does well one doesn't. They just cancelled themselves out so what was the point? If you really want to do well you have to do research on whatever company you want to invest in. Such as the stock history of the company, are they coming out with new products, etc. A kid in the class invested everything in google only to loose $30,000 (we all started with $100,000).

BUT, if you don't want to take the time to research I have an easier solution. Apple stock is slightly down and there is going to a keynote really soon. Historically Apple stock SOARS in the days before a keynote and gradually slows down afterward. This is very good. Invest everything in Apple then sell it all right after the keynote. Easy (fake) cash. You have very good timing my friend. I hope this helps.