kiddwnst

Apple ProCare Expectations

Hi everyone, I have a question about Apple ProCare. To make a long story short, I had a bad, first gen iMac g5 and after a couple of weeks and a lot of frustration, my local Apple retail store replaced it with a brand new Intel iMac. Awesome. Well, for my trouble, they also threw in Apple ProCare for a year. My question is this, has anyone had ProCare and gone in for the 52 one hour lessons? I'm not new to Apple software, but I would like to get into some of the pro apps like Final Cut and Dvd Studio Pro. What kind of instruction should I expect? Is is going to be just the basics or can I actually master an app like Final Cut through these appointments? Is it worth my time? If anyone has had experience with this, please let me know.

I have Procare. It is nice, but hardly a neccity. I sometimes go in for training sessions, but rarely.

whenever i am in the apple store and there is a class going on there are always a bunch of people taking it so there must be something to it... my guess is nothing you cant learn off the internet/blogs/forums

I've been curious about this too. Since the Pro Care sessions are one-on-one, do they taylor things to your level? Can you decide what to talk about? I have precious little to learn from general seminars and beginner-intermediate lessons, but if they can teach me some hardcore Unix stuff or how to troubleshoot the guts of OS X, that I could use.

I had my first appointment today at my local Apple store. It was awesome. My local store has a Studio in it and when I showed up at the counter, the Genius whose name was Mikey was ready and waiting. After setting up my stuff, I had my macbook, my digital video camera and a couple of cables along with my mouse, we got to work. I schedule an appointment to learn Final Cut Pro, and from just this one visit, I am confidant that with a few more appointments I'll have a fairly strong command of the app. We started with the basics, log and capture, some simple editing and effects and Mikey explained everything extremly well. He was clear and concise, open to questions, and showed me lots of keyboard shortcuts, etc. I'm really excited to dig deeper into this app and some of the others in the Final Cut Suite. Anyway, I know that this was only my first experience with Apple ProCare, but they definately made a good first impression.

thats awesome... do you know if they can do a class on pretty much anything?

here's a list of the ProCare application training options. I'll have to ask them about the 'Other Training' option.

233434697_6484d464bf_o.png