mobilexile

Lapotop battery replacement shiiping observation

I have two batteries that are to be replaced by Apple. The first is for my PowerBook 1.25GHz*. I entered my information on Monday and was quoted a number of weeks to receive the replacement. Then, on Thursday, I checked my MBP 2.15GHz and realized that battery was also recalled. I entered the request with Apple and was again quoted a number of weeks for the new battery to arrive. Yesterday, Friday, I got the MBP replacement -- a mere 24 hours after placing the request. Still waiting on the PowerBook battery...

*PowerBook for sale. PM if interested.

Hi,

Well my iBook G4 battery needs replacing, got a confirmation number on the same day (25th August) it did say 4 - 6 weeks, then I got an email from Apple on the 1st September saying your battery could be at risk.

Still waiting for my replacement battery.

Mind you I'm in the UK, so shipping priority will be lower than the US.

What I am wondering is how do they expect you to not use your laptop without the power adapter? Other recalls got overnight shippinsg but this one.....

My iboook has a "bad battery"

My PowerBook battery has also been given 4-6 weeks and I am also in the UK. Remember that PowerBooks and iBooks are not current machines and production of their batteries has ceased as far as Apple were concerned. Also remember that if you are like me, your battery is almost certainly fine, if a little dead, so it's a nice new battery for free.

My PowerBook battery has also been given 4-6 weeks and I am also in the UK. Remember that PowerBooks and iBooks are not current machines and production of their batteries has ceased as far as Apple were concerned. Also remember that if you are like me, your battery is almost certainly fine, if a little dead, so it's a nice new battery for free.

It seems the search for a new supplier would be the reason for delay. Surely they're not interested in going back to the source of the problem. (Sony)

I was surprised at how long it is going to take for my dad to get a new battery for his powerbook, 4-6weeks i expected something like 2-3weeks, there must be limited supplies of the batteries and there are a fair few that need replacing.

Jack

Given Apple's push for switchers and their growing share of the laptop market (now at 12% in the US) they would want to keep new Mac users happy. It only makes business sense. This is not to suggest that the PowerBook owners are in the dark but they're taking care of the future.

I received my 12" powerbook battery replacement in 13 days. (Submitted Aug 24, 2006). Today I received *another* battery. Maybe I should check the serial number on the first replacement to see if that is recalled too. ;). If not, Apple (or the repair center it came from) is being extra nice.

First battery arrived. iBook G4 12" battery submitted 25th at 7PM, arrived 7th at 10AM.

No sign of the 15" PowerBook G4 battery though. Updates to come.

(South West UK delivery via UPS)

Wow, I'm glad I missed the "if sold before this YOUR BATTERY WILL EXPLODE" date by a week or so :P

Are you sure about that? According to Infinite Loop Apple have expanded the range of recalled batteries.:blink:

There must be a huge shortage on 15 inch PB batteries. I have waited 2 weeks when the tech support guy told me it would be less than one. I live in the US. Also I went thru hell and back trying to get my battery replaced. But that is another story.

Well UPS tried to delivery my replacement battery on Thursday 7th September (not bad 2 weeks). Actually had to pick it up from the UPS depot.

So a warning to all UK users.... When you ask for a replacement put your work address if you're not at home between 9am - 5pm, Mon - Fri. Otherwise your local could be some distance away.

For example: I had to travel 30 miles to get to my local depot (60 mile round trip) on Saturday morning.

But a free battery, am still happy.

:D

Edited by Greggball