Sign in to follow this  
spooie

Size Dimensions of the 20 inch iMac screen...

Can anyone help me out for a second? I've been using an original release 400mhz G4 PowerMac for the last 7 years, but am planning to get a new iMac 20 incher very, very soon. Before I do though, there is one tiny insignificant piece of information I'm trying to figure out, and can't seem to get ahold of anywhere I check.

What are the dimensions of width and height of the iMac 20 inch screens in actual inches? Does anyone have them, or feel like pulling out a ruler? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much room it is, but I can't find the information anywhere, and can't use my current non-widescreen monitor to measure in comparison.

Anyone care to pass along the info? ;)

Thanks.

i got this right of www.apple.com hope this helps you:)

The Display for the 20-inch model

• 170° horizontal

• 170° vertical

The Size and weight of the (20-inch)

• Height: 18.6 inches (47.2 cm)

• Width: 19.4 inches (49.3 cm)

• Depth: 7.4 inches (18.9 cm)

• Weight: 22 pounds (10 kg)(5)

Thanks.

Though, I believe that's the dimensions of the unit itself... I'm simply looking for the dimensions of the screen.

:)

Can anyone verify if that is the screen or the unit itself please? Thanks.

I believe that the display part is for the display and not the unit itself but the part about the size and weight is the unit.

but im not shure in inches ill try and find out :)

Stupid question time!

What does the "°" in "170°" mean exactly? Because something tells me if the minotor is 170 degrees, we got some problems here.

:P

ya it is lol. i googled " ° " to inches converter and i found nothing usefull. i dont think it can be converted :mellow:

if i where you id go to to an apple store or any store that caries The 20 inch Imac and messure it. i no it might seem odd pulling out a ruler and meshuring an imac at bestbuy or somthing. but just ask if you can meshure it im shure they will let you. but the best way is to get someone on this thred who has an imac. like yourself im getting an imac aswell but im going for the 24 inch. :)

that's the viewing angle of the screen, '170°' not the screen size.

so it basically means you can view it at almost any angle

If the diagonal is 20" and the aspect ratio is 16:10... if I'm still able to work the Pythagorean Theorum I think the display would be about 16.96" x 10.6".

Why were you trying to figure this out anyway, spoo? Just curious?

I just wanted to get a size comparison to what my current monitor was. That, and to see just how wide the widescreen actually is, since, these are really the first widescreen monitors I'd have an experience with.

Anyhoo, I asked this over at the official Apple forums as well. One of the posters told me... "OK, let's try these measurements: 17" X 10.75" (Approx). I took these from my 20" widescreen Acer which has the same resolution specs as the iMac."... so your calculations aren't that far off.

Thanks all.

I cant believe there's nobody else out there with a 20" iMac or a ruler!! :rolleyes:

My actual screen size is 10 3/4" deep x 17 3/16" wide.

Hope this helps!