GeoScoes

Dual 2 Core in iBook

I was close to buying an iBook. Can/are they going to be upgraded to Core 2 Duo in the next couple months? Is it possible? Should I be concerned?

I was close to buying an iBook. Can/are they going to be upgraded to Core 2 Duo in the next couple months? Is it possible? Should I be concerned?

ibook? do you mean macbook? i doubt the MB will get an upgrade to the core 2 duo

I would guess that it should happen anytime between now and MacWorld in January. I have no proof obviously, but it would seem to make sense, although I would think Apple would update the MacBook Pro first if they don't update both at the same time.

I think it may be awhile before we see a macbook revision, I think the Macbook Pro is going to get revised soon, I would make the most sense.

jack

They may well do both of the laptops at the same time the moment they figure out how to make the processors work in them. Then again, the Macbook has a different motherboard, as it has no GPU, instead of just better expansion ports and actual hardware tacked on to that board, as I think the Powerbooks were over the iBooks.

uhh, this guy has 2 posts and a stupid question. I smell something fishy.

anythe heck i hope the mbp's are upfates soon.

Edited by applgeek

:blink: Ditto

anythe heck i hope the mbp's are upfates soon.

My faux pas. I meant MacBook and I accidentally posted twice. From the replies there does not seem to be a consensus. I am going to wait since it seems to be between now and MacWorld (January).

Now what is fishy about a stupid question? I assume the question was stupid because I typed iBook rather than MacBook? Are there like conspiracy things going on around here? Like Vista Spies??????

He is using a different font!!!! Burn him!!!!

Only joking.

Edited by The Dead Herring

The mac mini is still core duo. I don't think apple needs to rush to upgrade the macbook. But a price reduction would be a good idea.