Sign in to follow this  
minibook

weard battery in iPod mini

I need some assistance with my iPod mini, I perchased my iPod about last october, and the battery is really weard, sometimes i will get not even a song out of it (as soon as i press play it will say "no bettery power reamins, please connect iPod to a power outlet") and other times I will get 5 or 6 hours out if it, please help me, what can I do, it's quote annoying, because you can't trust it.

thanx

Ensure you have the latest iPod firmware version.

A tip for when you charge the iPod for the first time is to fully charge it and fully discharge it a few times (think this is also mentioned in the manual). Worth trying this tip now to see if it helps.

Unfortunately iPod batteries have always had a bad reputation. Why Apple persist in using non-removable batteries considering all the returns and recent law case I'll never know. If it's still under warranty you could return it and if you're lucky they may replace it with a 2nd gen battery (assuming the reason for the extra battery life in 2nd gen iPod Minis is down to a higher capacity battery).

..Ant

as it turns out, it was a dodgy battery, i have about 150 days left of warranty, so i took it to my local apple centre (authrised apple dealer, cause i'm in australia), they've taken it from me, and they said they will just replace it with a new iPod, so i hope it will be a new 2gen, not a new 1gen!! mainly for the bettery, but i like the new blue better.

havn't gotten it back yet, i've been without it for about 4 days, i hope to get it back soon!!!!

I got it back today (friday) i took it in on sunday, it's quite interesting, they are very clever, i have wanted them to replace it with a 2gen, no go, i got a brand new 1gen, still in plastic, it's amazing, by the time i got it back, i didn't really care if it was a 1gen or a 2gen, i just wanted the iPod back!!!!!