The new library system in iTunes 7 is a nice change. My problem is that only my audiobooks encoded in 'protected AAC' format go into that library. The ones in AAc or .MP3 stay in the music library. Can't find a way to manually manage libraries. Any suggestions?

I am having the same problem with converting audio books to Itunes 7.If you find out anything I would muchly apreciate any info you could pass on

regards Mary

if like me i get Audiobooks on CD's and put then into iTunes, hwod o i make them a audiobook?

There is a free script I am using (right at this moment in fact) that converts your AAC tracks to .m4b so that they appear in the Audiobooks Library. Here's the link.

It's not the fastest script (it took just about 20 minutes to convert the latest Harry Potter book for instance), but the end result is having all your audiobooks in one library.

There is a free script I am using (right at this moment in fact) that converts your AAC tracks to .m4b so that they appear in the Audiobooks Library. Here's the link.

It's not the fastest script (it took just about 20 minutes to convert the latest Harry Potter book for instance), but the end result is having all your audiobooks in one library.

Thanks. That did the trick. The only annoyance is that I have to convert .mp3 to AAC then run the script. Oh, well, can't have everything. The other pain is that videos downloaded through Music Store stay in the 'purchased' section, not 'Movies'. Is there a magic script for that too?????

Pelaton_rider

I downloaded Pearl Jams latest cd when it came out and it came with a booklet (it's not an audiobook but it still has that icon) and a video clip, both of which stay in my music section but I want the booklet (even thought it's not an audiobook) to move to the audiobook section and the video clip to move to the movie's or TV section, idk. I don't think either of these things can be done, but at least on iTunes 6 I could filter them out in 7 I don't think there is a way...is there?

You could always just remove the Audiobooks icon from the list and use your own Playlist or Smart Playlist to contain your Audiobooks. I already had one set up, it serves its purpose well enough, and the orange icon is ugly, anyway.

Edited by car1son

will it work with mp3 as well?

no it doesn't so don't bother tring, but if like me like to import CD's into mp3 and want to use that script u can do this;

1) Go into prefenses,

2) Go to the tab importing,

3) Change the import format to AAC,

4) Click OK,

5) Go into the Advanced Menu,

6) Click Convert seletion to AAC

the Convert section will change to whatever import format youi happen to have on. hope its useful! . . . . .

problem, i converted it fine, but when it was being put into Audiobooks it came up as loads of tracks is tehre anyway i can make it into a folder like podcasts?

Edited by bandit803