Sign in to follow this  
shooter2jim

kcSync... what is it?

On my Powerbook, I keep getting a window with the Keychain icon and asking me for the Password to my G5 tower. Under "Details" it says Application: kcSync.

Can anyone tell me what's going on and how I can stop this annoying window from popping up every time I turn on my PB? I am syncing all of my macs using .mac, but none of the other machines present this window.

Thanks,

Jim

This may have something to do with me accidentally trashing my iDisk the other day. Can anyone tell me how to get the iDisk back?

Jim

This may have something to do with me accidentally trashing my iDisk the other day. Can anyone tell me how to get the iDisk back?

Jim

How did you trash your iDisk. I ended my .Mac membership and the iDisk never went away and it took me forever to figure out how to get rid of it. Try System Preferences>.Mac and click on the iDisk then enable iDisk synching if it's not already. That should help you to get it back. I'm still interested to know how you managed to accidentally trash it though.

How did you trash your iDisk. I ended my .Mac membership and the iDisk never went away and it took me forever to figure out how to get rid of it. Try System Preferences>.Mac and click on the iDisk then enable iDisk synching if it's not already. That should help you to get it back. I'm still interested to know how you managed to accidentally trash it though.

The other day, I had an app that was acting stupid, so I trashed a preference folder.... I don't think it was the right one. I rebooted and the PB did a lot of rebuilding before coming to life. Then, I don't know why, but I accidentally dragged the iDisc icon out of the dock..... or maybe it was the finder sidebar... either way it went up in the virtual cloud and was gone. I did discover an idisk.dmg file sititng on my desktop. I clicked it and it mounted. There is no idisk or .mac icon, just the white drive icon like a normal mounted image would make. It's only letting me access the public areas of my .mac account.

Jim