Sign in to follow this  
haivu

Drag and Drop Tricks

You should post the tip here in the forums, not a link to get people to go to your blog.

here i'll post it here for him:

In OS X Tiger (10.4), I often found myself drag and dropping objects from one window to another. The problem is the drop target window is often hidden behind other windows. This trick will help to cope with that situation.

1. Click on the object and drag it as normal, but do not drop yet.

Either:

Task switch with the Apple+Tab key to your target window, then drop, or

Hit F9 to span out all windows, find your target and drop.

Here is another tip: When task switching with Apple+Tab key, you can quickly select the window you want using the mouse: just move the mouse pointer to the desired window and click; or you can just let go of the Apple+Tab key while the mouse is hovering over the desired window.

yer there useful, i use F9 already t switch from window to window, and if i'm coping a pic from the internet i use F11, F12 for Dashboard but not F10, i haven't found a good enough use for it

yer there useful, i use F9 already t switch from window to window, and if i'm coping a pic from the internet i use F11, F12 for Dashboard but not F10, i haven't found a good enough use for it

If you are using Mac OS X tiger you might want to setup "Hot Corners" I have mine setup and they were hard to get used to at first but they became very useful and I cant stand to use a compute without them.

my setup currently is:

top left = dashboard

bottom left = desktop

top right = all windows of current app

bottom right = all windows (same as f9)

you can set them up by going to SYSTEM PREFERENCES

then click DASHBOARD AND EXPOSÉ

then from thier you can set your hot corners and hotkeys.

also quick tip- if you hold shift then press f9 (so SHIFT+F9) it will ease the seperation of the windows. and thats (fn+SHIFT+F9 on a laptop)

*EDIT* Also to respond to the origonal post. You can use these hot corners and F9 to drag and drop. Just start dragging what ever you want to drop, then move the mouse over to the hot corner. hold your mouse over the window you want to drop it in for a few seconds without moving it (ther will be a "do not enter" type icon, dont worry just ignore it) and it will blink and that app will come to the front, then as soon as you see the little (+) icon you can drop it.*EDIT*

Edited by Jx -Imagine it