cluenotyou

iTunes 7 album flow annoyance

Hi everyone, I have a little annoyance with iTunes 7. When I am using the new cover flow view, sometimes a CD shows up more than once. For example, I have the Green Day American Idiot EP, that only has 3 songs on it, but the album shows up twice in cover flow view? I have all the artist, album, year, etc info the same. Is anyone else having the same problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!

then everything isnt the same, highlight all the songs and get info and make sure that everything is checked

You've probably got trailing spaces in either the Artist or Album fields.

iTunes and the iPod treat "Green Day" and "Green Day " as two different artists.

You can also create a Smart Playlist with Artist/Album "ends with" " " (" "=spacebar) to check your complete music library.

Edited by Ginamos

If the above solutions don't work (as they have not always worked for me), I have found that toggling on and off the selection for "Compilations" usually corect the error. Kind of like a slap to the face I guess. :P

As much I love iTunes and Apple, it sure seems this version has a lot of quirks/bugs.

i had a soundtrack album with three different artists. Since the artists were different on the tracks, the "covers" were different. (And since they were interleaved, it looked more like 7 albums than one.)

I could have checked "compilation".

Instead, I changed the "Album Artist" to be the same (I used the title of the Album.) That consolidated the artwork fine.

i had a soundtrack album with three different artists. Since the artists were different on the tracks, the "covers" were different. (And since they were interleaved, it looked more like 7 albums than one.)

I could have checked "compilation".

Instead, I changed the "Album Artist" to be the same (I used the title of the Album.) That consolidated the artwork fine.

Yes, I noticed that worked where I had duplicate album art in a compilation. The strange thing was that for the first eleven tracks the Coverflow art was the same, but for the twelfth it was different.

Couldn't work out why that should have been a problem, until now. The Album was "American Beauty", the first track artist was the movie composer (Thomas Newman) as was the twelfth track artist, all the other artists were different. Seems like the Coverflow art gets duplicated if the artist repeats within a compilation...odd bug.

what is "album artist" for. what does it mean and how exactly would i use it?

what is "album artist" for. what does it mean and how exactly would i use it?

the album artist is the artist whos name is on the CD, sometimes there are other artists that are on the CD but just for a single track... itunes is just giving you more options

I figured it out with everyones help, the problem was that one of the songs was checked as a complication, so I just uncheck them so none of them are complications, and, its fixed!