Sign in to follow this  
buckdog

Paying for Music Vids

Why would anone pay for a music video? They are avalable for free legaly from various sources, including iTunes.

One could argue that music videos are advertisements for music cd's

Why would anone pay for a music video? They are avalable for free legaly from various sources, including iTunes.

Despite being a member of the MTV generation, I don't understand why anyone watches music videos at all. When I want music, I listen to music. When I want mostly naked women, I "read" magazines. :shock: (I was going to phrase this differently, but it's a family show.)

With the rare exception of a creative few, I have found music videos to be a redundant waste of brain cells; and I prefer a nice, smooth stout for killing brain cells. :D

-Rob

They already sell DVDs with music videos and/or live shows. And people buy them.

I remember when MTV came around....it was a new, cool thing. Videos were cool at the time, esp when you could watch them on 24/7 vs waiting until Friday night at midnight for an hour's worth of videos.

People *will* pay for them....while many folks on here (like me) won't touch 'em....if I feel the urge to watch a video I can head over to yahoo videos. If anything it will be "cool" to be able to watch them whenever/wherever, but I can't see wanting to watch videos on such a tiny screen.

Technically they could pull it off but it's going to take a bit of work. Start watching videos and watch the battery life really drop. This is something they'll have to overcome amongst other things.

I think Jobs will issue one of these as a niche product just to give the bird to Microsoft.

They already sell DVDs with music videos and/or live shows. And people buy them.

That's a little different though. I'm normally not a fan of music videos, but I did buy a collection of Dave Matthews Band videos as I'm a big fan of that band.

Live shows are a totally different thing. Seeing and hearing a band live is a great experience. A DVD of a good live show is nice to have around when you can't be at a real concert.

But would I buy a music video on iTunes? No, not unless it was something new and different from traditional music videos.