Sign in to follow this  
The Dead Herring

Exporting videos for windows from iMovie

Hey, I am making a video for a school project in iMovie, anybody had experience with encoding video for windows media player from iMovie. The deadline is wednesday so please help! cheers.

Hey, I am making a video for a school project in iMovie, anybody had experience with encoding video for windows media player from iMovie. The deadline is wednesday so please help! cheers.

I used a friends flip4mac to encode my qt video into wmv. I had originally encoded it into .mov from the raw file from the camera because of the 12.5gb size. Worked well for me but i think its a slightly costly program unless they have a shareware version or some other way of trying it out. It does work well for what I did and it sounds like you are doing the same. Goodluck!

Cheers mate

Windows has Quicktime on it, actually.

I think he has to have it on windows media player

cheers

I managed to burn it to a DVD using toast, that should work, thanks for the help guys.

iMovie can export in many formats and Windows Media Player can view many formats. Try DivX AVI or "plain" AVI. You can use MPEG-4. Or yes, export it to DVD video through Toast or similar -- that's pretty well guaranteed to work on anything.