davejacko

Hiding BoootCamp Windows partition from the OSX desktop

Hi,

Anyone have any clue how to hide the Windows Partition that Booot Camp Creates on my OS 10 Desktop? Obvoiusly i need it to run Windows but i don't want to look at it on my desktop, i'm upset enought i have had to install Windows and infect my Mac (my buisiness online banking does't work on a Mac!)

Thanks,

Dave in Dublin.

You can hide all hdd icons by an option in the finder preferences - but this will also get rid of any OS X and external ones.

As all you need Windows for is your business online banking, Parallels is perfect. You can get rid of your Windows partition altogether - which has the added bonus of giving you more hard disk space.

You can hide all hdd icons by an option in the finder preferences - but this will also get rid of any OS X and external ones.

As all you need Windows for is your business online banking, Parallels is perfect. You can get rid of your Windows partition altogether - which has the added bonus of giving you more hard disk space.

Thanks,

Does Parallels have a windows file directory structure as my business banking saves certificates on the hard drive?

Thanks,

Does Parallels have a windows file directory structure as my business banking saves certificates on the hard drive?

Parallels is windows. You install the software, then you create a "virtual machine", in this virtual machine you install Windows.

What you end up with is a fully functioning version of Windows, running inside OS X.

Anything that works in Boot Camp, should work fine in Parallels (except for heavily intensive games etc).

I'm having the same issue, but I'll be keeping my BootCamp partition to use for video games. I remember Adam went over this a couple episodes ago, but it didn't sound like there was an obvious answer. If I remember correctly, he suggested there are some unix commands you can use to change flags on the drive. I'm not afraid to much around in the Terminal, so if anyone knows these, please post them.