Sign in to follow this  
isaiah1112

XBox 360 controller

I was going to search and see if this has been discussed before but the search feature would not accept my criteria so forgive me if this is a "double post" of sorts.

I have heard rumors that one could purchase an XBox 360 controller, for around $40, and use it with Windows XP since its interface is USB. My question is twofold. Is this rumor true and if so how hard is it to accomplish? And my second question is, what is the support for running the controller under OS X (Drivers, etc.)?

if you cuold manange to hack it into XP, it would be a major accomplishment. if you could get it into X, it would be godly. honestly, i would just stick to the 360ness and just buy it, better graphics, etc.

if you cuold manange to hack it into XP, it would be a major accomplishment. if you could get it into X, it would be godly. honestly, i would just stick to the 360ness and just buy it, better graphics, etc.

Considering Microsoft sells a version for use with your PC right on their site http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/p...ls.aspx?pid=091 it's not really a hack, nor an accomplishment.

here's a link to some Mac OSX drivers for it http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRo...oller/OsxDriver

Edited by Goatman

Thanks for the replies! I now have a direction in which I can go.

For cowschickens13

So, my brand new 24 inch iMac with 256 MB of VRAM and 2 GB of RAM is not a good enough machine to do any gaming on?

Just kidding B)

HOLY CRAP. I HAD NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE....

WOW!

i wanna buy it!

you could buy the controller for your PC before the Xbox 360 was even out.

I belive you may be able to download drivers for the wired 360 remote for windows xp somewhere