MacGuy92

Wireless B/G USB Adapter for Laptop

I have my dad's old Powerbook G3 400mhz laptop that I am able to put Jaguar or Tiger on, and I'd like to put it on and have it be a simple wireless laptop (internet, instant messaging) but I can't find any cheap (<$40) USB wireless cards that support OSX.

Does anyone know of some cheaper USB adapters that would work? I currently have a wireless Linksys Wireless G with SpeedBooster router and a Linksys wireless reciever (WUSB54GS), but I can't find drivers for it for the Mac. If I could find a way to use that it would be great, but if I can't, I'm looking for a cheaper wireless adapter.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

No point, buying a G adapter. That computer has only a USB 1.1 port so the speed of the port will be slower than the wireless adapter. As for the adapter try Belkin. Also if you have a place you can go where you can easily buy and return stuff many of the USB stuff might just work on a mac. No drivers needed. then again they might not so just make sure you can return them if not.

No point, buying a G adapter. That computer has only a USB 1.1 port so the speed of the port will be slower than the wireless adapter. As for the adapter try Belkin. Also if you have a place you can go where you can easily buy and return stuff many of the USB stuff might just work on a mac. No drivers needed. then again they might not so just make sure you can return them if not.

Do you think it would be possible to use my Linksys wireless adapter on the Mac? Just being on the safe side, but would anything not work if I plugged it back into my PC? Just being safe. Thanks!

Do you think it would be possible to use my Linksys wireless adapter on the Mac? Just being on the safe side, but would anything not work if I plugged it back into my PC? Just being safe. Thanks!

It will not hurt the adapter to try plugging it in.

Edited by joshr