Sign in to follow this  
Fallen Angel

iLife question

If I reformat the hard drive on my Mac and reinstall OS X will I get iLife back also, I ask this because I only have the OS X discs that came with my Mac and no discs that have iLife on them (not that I know of anyway) so how does this work???

yep, the osx disc that comes with the computer actually has the ilife apps on it too.

During the install choose to Customize (a button bottom left on the last page) and you can choose what parts of iLife you want to install even. You will need to run all your updates again though via Software Update.

During the install choose to Customize (a button bottom left on the last page) and you can choose what parts of iLife you want to install even. You will need to run all your updates again though via Software Update.

:) Sweet thanks for all of the help.

Now mind you that depending on which model Mac you have and how old it is, if you had a more recent version of iLife (04, 05, 06) then you would lose it but would have the version which came on your Mac when it was new.

Similar sort of question, would I get Front Row back also??

Similar sort of question, would I get Front Row back also??

If it came pre-installed on your Mac and you use the CD/DVD that came with it for installation, then you will also get Front Row back.