gaudior

Dropped .mac, can I change my iTunes Member ID?

I just let my .mac subscription die. I really wasn't using it, and I can use the $100 in other ways. Anyway, my Apple ID, and iTunes Store ID are my old .mac email address. I found where I can change my email address on the Apple website, but will this kill my iTunes account, or make my purchased music unavailable?

If this is the wrong place to ask, could a moderator please move my question to the right place?

Thanks so much. If there is an answer to my dilemma, I know the MacCast listeners will know it.

You should change your eMail address within iTunes, but your Apple ID (i.e. your .mac eMail address) will remain active regardless of the .mac membership.

You should change your eMail address within iTunes, but your Apple ID (i.e. your .mac eMail address) will remain active regardless of the .mac membership.

That seems to be the problem. From within the iTunes Store, there isn't an option for any email address, other than the Apple ID.

Click "Account" in your right column of your itunes store. you can change your account information there.