memoryleek

website developmet

I'm trying to find a good web development tool for the mac. Preferably free. I'm looking to get into web development more and havent really messed around with it for a while. Can any of you web developers recommend anything? Also, if you guys know of some good resources, those would help too.

thanks

I'm trying to find a good web development tool for the mac. Preferably free. I'm looking to get into web development more and havent really messed around with it for a while. Can any of you web developers recommend anything? Also, if you guys know of some good resources, those would help too.

thanks

If you really want to get into it then you should either learn to code by hand or use Dreamweaver. Better yet learn Dreamweaver and be able to code by hand when you want to. What I do though is design my site in Photoshop then turn of the text layers and output to html. Then I import those files to dreamweaver and it will give you a site with the frames already set up. I put in my text, my background, and whatever dynamic stuff I want and it's that easy.

Knowing code is a pretty important thing, when it comes to stuff like this. Back in the old days when I went to school, a friend of mine and I used to do assignements together. He designed and made a site in Dreamweaver, then I'd go over the code, clean it up and make it work as it should.