big_rich1

Can't download SOME podcasts

In general everything is working fine in the podcasting section of iTunes 7.01. However it will not download the last episode of both the MacCast (http://www.maccast.com/erss.xml and by the time I post this it isn't the latest episode. Its's the expo special, the episode since then downloaded with no problems.)and my own podcast(http://moviesyoushouldsee.libsyn.com/rss). The error message reads...

"There was a problem downloading "Downfall". An unknown error occurred (416). Please check that the URL is correct and the connection to the network is active and try again."

Some of my listeners have told me that they are suffering the same problem, but only using the latest verion of iTunes on OS X. I know the file is there and the RSS feed is correct because I can download the episode with no problems using iTunes on the PC, and just about every other way you can download a podcast. I've also tried re-posting the episode but that's done nothing. The RSS feed is made using Libsyn so it's unlikely that I've wrongly programmed the feed.

Apart from the problem on these two feeds all is well.

Can anyone help?

I've had issues with Podcast feeds randomly ceasing to work in iTunes since even before version 7. Try unsubscribing and resubscribing. You may need to go as far as deleting the Podcast's whole entry in the Podcast pane then reentering the feed. I haven't figured out the cause yet.

yeah... here on podcast links just quitting sometimes. For whatever reason, TWiT does not want to download from iTunes recently for me.

The server Leo hosted his feeds on died hard last weekend and he wound up moving to a new host. The new DNS entry was taking a while to propagate, so that might be the issue you were seeing with TWiT.