Sign in to follow this  
[zerophase]

convert mp3's to midi's

i wanna use some short mp3's on my computer as cell phone ringtones but the file sizes are too big so is there anyway i can easily convert them into midi's?

' date='Oct 15 2006, 05:53 PM' post='55442']i wanna use some short mp3's on my computer as cell phone ringtones but the file sizes are too big so is there anyway i can easily convert them into midi's?

sorry but no.

tom

' date='Oct 15 2006, 05:53 PM' post='55442']i wanna use some short mp3's on my computer as cell phone ringtones but the file sizes are too big so is there anyway i can easily convert them into midi's?

You cannot convert them to midi (MIDIs actually have the notes of the music programmed in them, and the files contain no actual audio)

However if your phone can play mp3 ringtones, you can make the mp3s smaller. First open the file in garage band, turn on "cycling" and place a cycling selection around a 30 second or less clip (your phone never rings for more than 30 seconds anyway) then share it into iTunes, and convert it into an mp3 again (change your import preferences to a lower quality mp3 setting for smaller size)