windowsguy

My nano finally broke.

Just yesterday, I got out my iPod, and it was broken. There were several cracks in the screen, but everything else worked fine.

Today I took it into my local Apple Store, and as soon as one guy saw it, he gave the genius bar guy a look, and I knew something was up. It doesn't matter though, because they did me a "favor" and are replacing it for free.

I guess even now Apple is suffering from their original defective nanos though. I think I'm really lucky they tried to avoid trouble and didn't charge me $100 for a replacement, and I'm really lucky I still have 9 days left on my warranty.

Did you get a replacement 1st gen nano or a new 2nd gen model? When I got my 20GB photo iPod broke they replaced it with the same old model.

I still have my original 4GB nano that I bought on release day. Never had any trouble with it. I'm still very happy with it, so I'll see how long I can keep it.

I just got my replacement today. It's the same model, same capacity, still a first-gen nano. On the plus side, though, it's brand-new.