Sign in to follow this  
joe28753

Selecting Pictures for Desktop

Most of my pictures are in iphoto, but coming from windows, naturally, when i'm looking for a desktop picture, i go to the desktop preferences, then browse for the photo. iphoto makes it really difficult to find the photo you want just by browsing the finder, especially if you want to, say, rotate between several pictures. or if i wanted a group of pictures to choose from later. i could choose a folder right in that desktop preferences, sure, but what if i want a group of pictures that arent in a folder and i dont want to copy them somewhere to make a folder?

all you have to do is select in iphoto which ones you want, then go to share menu - desktop. if its one photo, it will make that the desktop, and if there are several selected, it will make a new folder in the desktop preferences called, "iphoto selection." now you can pick from those, or rotate those images every couple minutes.

Edited by joe28753

You could also make a Keyword called "Wallpaper" and create a Smart Album to check for that keyword. Then all of the photos with that keyword will show up in Sys Prefs.

You could also make a Keyword called "Wallpaper" and create a Smart Album to check for that keyword. Then all of the photos with that keyword will show up in Sys Prefs.

You cant rotate through background pictures from an iPhoto album though.