The Dead Herring

What is your internet download speed?

What is your actual internet download speed?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. download speed,

• 8000k +
    • 512k -

Theoretical: Up to 8Mb

Realistic: Around 2Mb max.

Just post whatever the test says, the wires going to my house are only thick enough for 2.7mb, I get 2.3mb so I checked 2mb

Wow, 2mb feels really fast for me, I can't imagine what 8mb would feel like.

Edited by The Dead Herring

On my FIOS connection I have a 15 Megabit connection, which is roughly 2 Megabytes a second, I average around 1.1 Megabytes a second and have gotten as fast as 20 Megabytes a second (which was the day they were messing with the cables around our neighborhood)

I suspected I should have put in higher speeds, but I couldn't be bothered to type them all up again.

Moderator?

geez im jelous u guys get megabytes a second. i get 50 kilobytes max on my dsl with 512kbits. internet's really expensive here, if ur not living in the city or pretty close to the city u can only buy up to around 1.5Mbits.

geez im jelous u guys get megabytes a second. i get 50 kilobytes max on my dsl with 512kbits. internet's really expensive here, if ur not living in the city or pretty close to the city u can only buy up to around 1.5Mbits.

Yeah I have to say that in some areas, even major urban areas like Cleveland, you have to pay a very high premium for download speeds above a 512k. Ofcourse if we want to make ourselves feel better, we can just imagine the days of 14.4k modems. If I really want to take it back I can imagine my first modem, which was nearly the size of a macbook and you had to dial the numbers yourself to get the blazing 1200 baud.

i have fios 15mbps but the speed of it is never that fast. most sites download fast and when loading videos on the web is very fast unless i have all my computers taking up bandwidth. speakeasy usually says that i have about 12mbps but that is never true it would usually be around 5.

next we should move on the crazy speeds of upload.

My I.P says upto 8MB but yeah right now one in my area gets anywhere near that!

I get about 8700kbps down and about 768kbps up according to speakeasy. Wow (and I am in the US)!

It's supposed to be 24meg down and 1.4 meg up, but I generally get around 12-14 meg down and about 800k up.

I like this speed test better:

http://speedtest.net

I have Comcast cable, and get a pretty consistent 8Mbps down and 384Kbps up. I'm waiting for FiOS to be available in my area, and will probably sign up on day one :)

i'm paying for 2mb and getting according to speedtest.net getting 1981 kb/s