Sign in to follow this  
Allizard

iTune music Japan

I don't know about you guys but after hearing Adam mentioning iTune music store coming to Japan and Avex signed contract with Apple got me really excited. I hope it really does carry all the Jpop songs in their music store.

Too bad my favorite band Zard is with B-gram. So it probably won't be on the list.

Does anyone know if there's a way for us to buy tracks from the iTunes Japan store? I know that we're not supposed to be able to buy (or access?) stuff from other countries' iTMS, but if I could buy J-pop stuff from there somehow, that would be awesome... :)

I was told those iTunes gift cards from Japan may just do the tricks. I'm in the process of getting some right now. Will give a report when I get it.

Sweet! I don't really know anyone in Japan, but perhaps I can work something out somehow. :) Do report back; I'm very interested to know what happens.

UPDATE: I just read that J-List (www.jlist.com), an online store for various Japanese products like food, toys, and anime, will be selling iTMS gift cards for the iTMS Japan! Great news for people who want to buy tracks from there, but don't know anyone in Japan who could send them gift cards for that purpose. Just thought I'd post, in case anyone else was interested in checking out iTMS Japan.

P.S. J-List has some adult products, but at their main page there is an option to choose whether or not you want to see the adult products. There is also an alternate URL, www.jbox.com, that automatically filters out the adult product listings. There is also a copy of the periodic newsletter that the store's owner sends out to a mailing list that talks about various aspects of Japanese culture (very interesting).