Sign in to follow this  
Chalky

114,000 viruses? Not on a Mac.

I just recieved the following e-mail from Apple today:

114,000.png

I've recieved this several times before, but on recieving it today I felt it to be very inappropriate under the current circumstances.

It is not fair for Apple to go round saying they don't get viruses on Macs when they are handing out virus infected iPods.

This whole issue, I feel, has been entirely underlooked by us Mac users. I think there is going to be a few lawsuits over this. We know Windows has a lot of downfalls, but Apple has been HIGHLY negligent over this whole issue.

I know it isn't possible, but imagine the uproar is Microsoft made a similar 'mistake' towards Mac Users? Would we just sit down and say 'everyone makes mistakes' if the tables were turned? I think not...

I think its in bad taste of apple to send out that mail right now, but I don't really agree with you on the notion that the issue has been under looked by Mac users. It's something that happens from time to time with EVERYONE, and it's not in any particular way Apples fault. What probably happened was an infected system at the manufacturer in China. I haven't heard any numbers lately, but the last I heard was 20-something reports from users having this issue. More will probably surface, but all in all I think it bottles down to the fact that things like this can and will happen to any device of this type..

And it was a Windows virus, don't forget. ;-)

I find most of Apple's current advertising in bad taste. It makes Mac user look arrogant and the I'm a Mac/PC ads are just childish.

its a good way of getting people to get a mac, but i think there pushing the boundaries a bit to far on this one

I find no fault in the ad. Also, the ad has nothing to do with an iPod -- it's designed to sell a Macintosh.

Edited by stevewhodrums