okeemike

Wallpaper change automatically with weather / time

Hi guys. I've been searching for this app for a while. I've never actually SEEN it, only heard references to it. It's an application that will change the Mac wallpaper in accordance with what's happening outside... day / night, rainy / sunny / snowy, etc...

Am I making this up, or does such a thing exist?

Hi guys. I've been searching for this app for a while. I've never actually SEEN it, only heard references to it. It's an application that will change the Mac wallpaper in accordance with what's happening outside... day / night, rainy / sunny / snowy, etc...

Am I making this up, or does such a thing exist?

Try to contact Leo Laporte via e-mail

here his site: http://leoville.com/

I am 100% sure he knows :blink: , the app was mentioned in recent NETcast

One of the winners of the My Dream App contest is called Atmosphere, and that does exactly this.

http://mydreamapp.com/contestants/view/cameronwestland/

Atmosphere

See the weather: A near real time weather simulation application that provides a fun interface into weather forecasting, day/night cycle, moon phases and seasons.

Weather forecasting: View the weather on the timeline, similar to how time machine works. Simply go forward in time to get the weather forecast for your area, or backwards in time to see how the weather was a month ago.

Day/Night cycle: Watch atmosphere smoothly cycle from beautiful sunsets to starry skies.

Moon phases: Now you can howl at the moon in the comfort of your own den! See exactly what phase the moon is in, or use the timeline to see when the moon will be full, a new moon, and more.

Seasons: As the fall passes into winter, watch Atmosphere build up snow and see rain drops turn into snowflakes.

The bad news though is that it probably want be launched until Leopard comes out at the earliest.

One of the winners of the My Dream App contest is called Atmosphere, and that does exactly this.

http://mydreamapp.com/contestants/view/cameronwestland/

The bad news though is that it probably want be launched until Leopard comes out at the earliest.

All the stuff I voted for won. Although I really don't see how a weather thing won over the syncing software. I guess it doesn't matter to me though because they will both be developed.

I was really hoping for Hijack. I hope it'll still be developed. I was really sad when I heard about the fraudulent votes, which made him decline his runner-up prize. (the mac mini ++). I hope he still gets it though. Wasn't his fault. On the other hand, it may look like it could become an open source project. Being an open source guy, I think thats great news.

I voted for Hijack, Portal and Atmosphere from day one, then cutting Portal for the last couple of rounds. I only have one mac, so when the competition got tighter it was time to cut the "cool, but not for me" ideas. :)