2farrell

Macbook SMC Update 1.1

Apple today released an SMC Update for the Macbooks.

Here is the link or you can use Software Update.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/mac...reupdate11.html

MacBook SMC Firmware Update 1.1

About this update

The SMC Update improves the MacBook’s internal monitoring system and addresses issues with unexpected shutdowns. This update is recommended for all MacBook systems, including those that received warranty repair.

Note:

If your MacBook is running Mac OS X 10.4.6, you won’t be able to install the SMC Update until you update to Mac OS X 10.4.8.

MacBooks running Mac OS X 10.4.7 will be able to download and install the SMC Update, so it is not essential that you update your system software, although Apple always recommends updating to the latest version of the system software.

After this update has completed successfully, your SMC Version will be: 1.4f12.

I didn't have the issue, but went ahead and installed it anyway. I'll be curious to see if this helps people, as I was under the impression it was a hardware problem.

It seems to have helped me. I think about two weeks ago, my MacBook could not go into sleep mode. If I did put it into sleep mode, when it started back up, it would just shut down and I would have to boot up by holding the power button. I applied the update and now I can put my MacBook into sleep mode. I've only had the update for a few hours as of now so I'm not exactly sure how well it is actually working.

I applied the update. I never had the RSS problem, but installed anyways. All went okay but after the computer rebooted, I noticed spotlight didn't find anything. I tried a couple of ideas I found on the apple discussion forums to no avail. then after some voodoo and trial and error, I got it to work again. Weird huh?